Okay, okay, we can understand that the hours before running a marathon is difficult to reconcile the ground.
But, believe us, much more complicated things you have done during the preparation.
You have run hundreds of kilometers, pulled distances that you thought you would not be able to finish with solvency and quality training that already deserved a medal.
Now, just how easy it is to lie in bed, isn’t it possible for you to fall asleep comfortably because of your nerves?
Well, then we have called our collaborators and ask them to give us some advice.
You can use it for any marathon in which you have signed up. May it serve as a vital experience. Although of course, there is a marathon that is already very close, right?
Tips for better sleep before the marathon
1.- Avoid exercising the afternoon of the previous day. Try to spend time with quiet and entertaining activities. Prepare the race in advance so as not to talk or think about it after dinner.
2.- Before sleeping, reduce your activation. Before sleeping, try to do things that reduce your activation, such as reading. If you watch TV, let it be out of bed.
3.- Get into bed, adopt a comfortable position and let the tranquility invade you. If you master some relaxation technique, it is time to apply it. You can also do monotonous activities, such as counting slowly, remembering relaxing sensations or repeating reassuring words.
4.- When you are in bed: There it is forbidden to think about the race. Don’t worry if you don’t sleep either. Avoid spinning your head with that.
5.- Do not try to fall asleep. The more effort you put in, the worse. Just try to be relaxed. The dream will come alone.
Short relaxation exercises
- These exercises are ideal for the days before the race.
- 1.- In a quiet place, lie down in a comfortable position, with your eyes closed and your legs and arms loose.
- 2.- Keep your eyes closed and breathe calmly and deeply.
- 3.- Walk your body mentally and identify the areas of greatest tension.
- 4.- Focus on those areas and, effortlessly, try to relax them very slowly. Try to make them more and more loose.
- 5.- You can also imagine feelings of heaviness or heat in the hands, arms and legs.
- 6.- Finally, mentally review the areas of greatest tension (and see the changes that have occurred), while repeating your keyword.